Can I get an extension?

The Assessor may grant a filing extension for good cause. If an extension is needed, contact the Assessor in writing on or prior to November 1st stating the reason for the extension. The decision to grant an extension is the sole responsibility of the Assessor. There is no appeal.

Show All Answers

1. Who is required to file a Personal Property Declaration?
2. What must be declared to the Assessor’s Office?
3. What is Personal Property?
4. What are goods, chattels and effects?
5. What are examples of “Personal Property” that I must declare?
6. I just do some work part-time. Do you really think I am a business?
7. How do I complete the Personal Property Declaration?
8. Do I have to file a Personal Property Declaration every year?
9. When do I have to file the Personal Property Declaration?
10. What happens if I file late?
11. Can I get an extension?
12. What if I don’t file the Personal Property Declaration?
13. Does my signature need to be notarized?
14. How is the Personal Property Assessment calculated?
15. How is the original cost determined?
16. What if I don’t remember what I paid for these things?
17. What if I don’t know what these things cost because they were gifts?
18. Can anyone see my Personal Property Declaration?
19. How do I appeal my Personal Property Assessment?
20. What if I sold, closed or moved my business out of Wolcott?