Senior Center - Senior Bus Transportation
Bus transportation within Wolcott and the Greater Waterbury area is available. Don't be stranded, let us help you get where you need to go:
- Doctor visits
- Waterbury's Brass City Mall
- Wolcott Public Library
- Wolcott Senior Center
You must be 60 years of age or older or disabled (our bus is wheelchair accesible) to use this service.
- Please call for reservations at (203) 879-2078
- Cancellations should be made before 9:00 A.M. on the morning the appointment is scheduled for.
Senior Bus Pick-up times are estimates-only and will vary depending upon how many people are scheduled for that day.
- 9:30am - 10:00am - Morning pick-up time for morning runs
- 11:00am - 11:15am - Lunch pick-up time for lunch at the Senior Center
- 12:30pm – 1:00pm - Afternoon pick-up time for afternoon runs
- 1:00pm – 1:30pm - pick up at Brass City, Stop and Shop etc. depending on which scheduled day it is
- 3:00pm – 3:30pm pick up time as noted above
Rules for using the Senior Bus Transportation
- The bus does not enter private driveways
- All passengers must be able to get to and from, on and off the bus on their own. The driver is not trained to assist passengers
- The driver will operate the wheelchair lift, but can not transport passengers to and from the bus, or onto chair lift. The Driver is only responsible for operating controls to the wheelchair lift and strapping Rider’s chair inside the bus
- The bus can accommodate collapsible walkers only
- All riders must be ready, on time, for pick up
- You must advise the driver if you are making other arrangements for your return trip
- Riders can bring only the packages they can carry on their own
- If you are not at the assigned pick-up point when the bus arrives, the bus will only wait 10 minutes. If you miss the bus, it is your responsibility to obtain transportation home.
Senior Housing Pick Up Locations
- Wolf Hill Senior Housing Complex - you will be picked up at your door
- Chestnut Hill Housing Complex - you will be picked up at your door
- If there is no school, the bus is not in operation
- If school is delayed, the bus is delayed
- If the weather becomes bad during the day, the driver will pick up early. The driver will advise you of this possiblity